AN OBSERVATION OF LIFE'S OVERLAPS

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Great Wall Beach Party


So in a recent post I talked about visiting Laolongtao or Old Dragon's Head with the other foreign teachers to see where the Great Wall begins.  Little did I know that the other side of the wall hosts a rave every year.  They even have a website that you can visit here.  I was skeptical about going at first because I'm not much of a raver and the gate closes by 10:30pm at my school so that means I have to climb over the dusty wall in the dark.  However,  I went with another foreign teacher Adam, from Hebei Normal University and his buddies Farkas (I thought he said F*$kers when he introduced himself) and Lucas.


 The party was actually fairly tame but it was nice to just be on the beach during a cool summer night.  You could rent a horse to ride around on the sand or watch the World Cup quarter finals between Argentina and Germany.  You couldn't go in the water though because they roped it off for people(men) to pee in. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment