AN OBSERVATION OF LIFE'S OVERLAPS

Friday, April 22, 2011

I love my American boys

I think I take pride in being the minority. The mis-fits and misunderstood. Here in China I am the minority. However, so are a handful of other Americans whether or not they are conspicouous or inconspicous.
 
Lately I have found it absolutely adorable to see lost American boys (you know by their shoes...Europeans always wear leather).  Usually, he'll be about a foot taller than the surrounding  crowd--slightly pinker in complexion and towheaded--glancing down and around at his iPhone map.  I just want to take their hand and lead them to the nearest pub or sports bar. We can drawl on together in our monotone accents, drink beer, eat fries without mayonaise and demand an excessive amount of napkins. 

2 comments:

  1. I do love an accent, but I second this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love this. I used to love accents, but since living abroad, they all make me sick. Especially Australian accents (apologies to any Aussies reading). All I find attractive is a good 'ol American accent.. maybe, MAYBE, I'll even take a drawl.

    ReplyDelete