AN OBSERVATION OF LIFE'S OVERLAPS

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring is in the Air

So next to my office is West Gate Mall 梅龙广场,which usually has a lot of promotions in their central atrium for new products. Most of them are tacky and over-done advertising campaigns.  However, this last Friday Guerlain was there for their new fragrance.  I must say I have never seen a more interesting pop-up store.  It kind of makes me want to go in to event and set design! The concept was well executed, engaging, and elegant.  Here are some shots below I haphazardly snapped on my camera phone ( I lost my SonyEricsson so these shots do not come out half as nice as they would have):

This is the honey bee room filled with golden balloons and propelled by mounted ceiling fans

This was the showcase tent 
In the showcase tent are all the perfumes that Guerlain has in its collection. There were special atomizers tubes to diffuse the perfumes perfectly so you could only smell it if you put your nose right up close.  The ingredients that go in to Guerlain's perfumes were also displayed for you to smell and learn about.   I tried to see if I could detect one ingredient from the other in the perfumes. In the center is a circular booth for you to sit if you decide to customize your own scent.

The make up pavilion constructed of illuminated sheer black fabric


An aerial shot of all three
  

No comments:

Post a Comment